River rafting is one of the most thrilling and exhilarating ways to experience the natural beauty of Costa Rica. With its abundance of fast-flowing rivers and rapids, the country is a paradise for rafting enthusiasts of all levels.
From the gentle, meandering waters of the Corobicí River to the heart-pumping rapids of the Pacuare, Costa Rica offers a wide range of river rafting experiences. These trips can last from a few hours to a full day, and can be customized to suit the preferences and abilities of each group.
One of the most popular river rafting destinations in Costa Rica is the Pacuare River, located in the heart of the country’s lush rainforest. This river is known for its challenging Class III and IV rapids, as well as its stunning natural beauty. Along the way, rafters can expect to see a wide variety of exotic wildlife, including toucans, monkeys, and even jaguars.
- A thrilling ride down one of Costa Rica’s many beautiful rivers, such as the Pacuare, Sarapiquí, or Corobicí
- A safety briefing and instruction on paddling techniques before setting out on the river
- The chance to spot a wide variety of exotic wildlife along the riverbanks, such as monkeys, toucans, and iguanas.
- The chance to connect with other adventure-seeking travelers and make new friends
- Memories that will last a lifetime and a sense of accomplishment after successfully navigating the rapids.
- Depending on the river and the tour package, the opportunity to experience rapids ranging from Class II to Class IV or higher
- Professional and experienced river guides who provide information on the river and its surrounding ecology and culture
- Scenic views of Costa Rica’s lush rainforest, waterfalls, and other natural features
- Depending on the package, the opportunity to take a break and enjoy a picnic lunch on a riverbank or at a nearby restaurant